Cannabis have an history of being used as medicine: either you are in athletes, a Gym enthusiasts, professional sport man, wanting to overcome anxiety and depression or you normally go out for a workout, there is something very important you need to know.
No matter the intensity or length of your workout; muscle soreness, pain and injury are a common occurrence.
They WILL happen at some point and can’t be completely avoided. That is why, the best thing you can do for your body is take every precaution to aid in its natural recovery.
Cannabidiol (CBD) helps to protect the muscles from soreness, pain, injury and aid in their quick recovery which is 100% natural, safe and legal.
CBD is also known to help alleviate anxiety and stress caused by influxes of cortisol by lowering the presence of cortisol in your blood stream often triggered during adrenaline event like competitions and high level training allowing you to focus, workout harder and exercise longer.
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a naturally occurring compound found in the resinous flower of cannabis (Hemp), a plant with a rich history as a medicine going back a thousand years.
It is a safe, non-addictive substance which does not make a person fell intoxicated.
However, CBD can actually lesson or neutralize the psychoactive effects of THC (tetra-hydrocannabinol, the compound present in marijuana which makes a person feel “stored” or intoxicated (high) depending on how much of each compound is consumed.
The fact that CBD is therapeutically potent as well as non-intoxicating, and easy to take as a CBD oil which can provide relief for chronic pain, anxiety, inflammation, depression and many other conditions makes it appealing option for many people seeking alternatives to pharmaceuticals with harsh effects.
DIFFERENCES BETWEEN HEMP AND MARIJUANA
They are related in some form because they both belong to the cannabis family but do not share a lot of the same characteristics.
They contain some compounds like THC, CBD, CBN, CGG, and CBC which are in various degrees and can act on natural cannabinoil receptors within your body.
Now of all these cannabinoids, only THC is psychoactive, the rest are non-psychoactive and can provide you with relief without creating feelings of euphoria (a high) or you loosing your head.
Instead, they can assist with muscle recovery in a number of ways, making it suitable for anyone seeking a reprieve pre or post exercise.
- While Hemp contains less than 0.03% THC which makes it non-psychoactive with a lot of benefits.
- Marijuana contains up to 35% THC (and can be breed to contain more) which is responsible for making people high – something you never wanted to experience.
- What you traditionally associate with getting high-weed, pot, hash, etc. They all contain MORE than 0.3 THC, meaning using HEMP which contain less than 0.03% won’t harm you. As a matter of fact Hemp was removed as an illegal substance under the Agricultural Improvement Act of 2018, which federally legalized hemp and hemp-derived products that contain no more than 0.3% THC.
- CBD was removed from the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) prohibition list on the 1st January, 2018 which makes CBD safe and legal to use.
HOW MAY CBD HELP
- CBD reduces pain and chronic inflammation by inhibiting the neutral transmission of pain without causing analgetic tolerance (both during and post exercise). As a result, you can relax without the need to consume large amounts of pain medication. Because of its anti-inflammatory agent/analgesic properties that may influence the induction of apoptosis and T-regulatory cells, as well as inhibit cell proliferation and cytokine production, it may help minimize Joint injury and other muscle/joint aches caused from swelling.
- Speeds up and improve the recovery of your tissues, nerves and bones in a natural way.
- It has anxiolytic-like effects, which reduce anxiety and even help deal with depression. It is useful for someone who have a social anxiety disorder and helps to deal with panic disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder, and various other mental disorder that can impair the ability to function.
- CBD interfere with the secretion of cortisol in the body (often triggered during adrenaline inducing events e.g. competitions and high level training); and lower the presence of cortisol in your stream, allowing you to focus, workout harder and exercise for longer.
- The anti-nausea/anti-emetic effects of CBD decrease feelings of nausea during exercise. It is common during heavy exercise for blood flow to be redirected away from your stomach. This can result in you feeling sick and often light headed.
- Due to its antispasmodic properties, CBD is used to treat strained muscles, dehydration, trauma and damage to the nerves or spinal cord which often cause uncomfortable muscle spasms and will help your muscles to recover more efficiently.
- Regulate Sleep: It works by interacting with a network of receptors, proteins, and other chemicals in the brain that influence all sorts of things, including anxiety and the sleep-wake cycles that are inherent to obtaining a quality and healthy night’s sleep which in turn help regulate your sleep cycle without causing drowsiness.
- CBD as a natural muscle recovery aid does not only treats symptoms caused by workout, but also tackles the cause.